Post Hole Digger | Brantford, Norfolk, Brant
The foundation must be prepared correctly the first time when starting your post holes. With a foundation that is more firm, you posts will last much longer, giving a stable deck or fence.
Starting any design from the ground up can be a messy and sometimes very unpleasant task, such as digging holes for post footings. This can often lead to people looking for short-cuts, like not digging deep enough or delaying digging the holes altogether.
Any type of digging in the ground is not as easy at is may sound – especially if you’re starting off using a traditional shovel or spade. A sense of ease will arise when construction of your deck or fence is started by using the proper tools. Each team member of ‘Post Holes and More’ are seasoned professionals equipped with the right tools for ‘post hole drilling.’
The features that we will bring to the construction when we drill, pour and set for a Fence, Deck, Gazebo or Shed include:
- Mark out and divide all post locations.
- Drill the appropriate sized holed for posts being set.
- Ensure all posts are set level and straight in the cement.
- Ensure post support by raking dirt around the posts to maintain moisture in the cement during the curing process.
- Insert, line-up and fill sonotubes.
- The post hole is augered to the appropriate diameter.
- The post is placed to the bottom of the hole and then is plumbed and squared.
- The post hole is then filled with cement within a few inches from the top.
- Some of the dirt is used to fill the top of the hole over the cement. The remainder of the dirt can be carefully removed after the post has set for a minimum of 24 hours.
Allow a minimum of two days or more (depending on weather conditions) for post to set before any construction begins.
Post heights will vary from one to another and will need to be trimmed to exact height after the fence is constructed.
Setting your posts
Over years of experience, we have developed a method of setting posts that will virtually eliminate frost heaves for up to two years. We have the equipment and expertise for all types of post setting, and set the concrete deep to ensure strength and rigidity for your fence and deck posts.